Hosts - Hostesses
Your position includes at least the following tasks:
- You’re the first person a visitor meets in the Belgian Pavilion – make sure to leave a welcoming and enthusiastic impression.
- Act as a calling card and point of contact for the Belgian Pavilion
- Greet, welcome and register visitors
- Ensure that the visitors end up in the right queue
- Provide visitors with information and direction
- Assist visitors in using interactive exhibition elements
- Monitor and, if necessary, correct visitor behavior
- Assist visitors with any problems
- Welcome VIPs and VVIPs
- Manage the cloakroom (accept and return coats and bags)
- Scan and check fast line entry tickets
- Provide and check wristbands for special events
- Provide program booklets and other information sources
- Work in the Pavilion shops
- Specific tasks in the context of VIP events
Important assets include:
- You are at least 18 years old at the start of your contract
- You have good communication skills
- You speak English fluently and one of the national languages of Belgium
- You welcome people with a smile
- You are helpful, but resolute
- You take care of your appearance
- You adapt easily: both in the workplace and in personal interactions with your colleagues
- You have no problem with repetitive tasks
- You are serious: working for a number of months in Dubai requires that you are conscientious and committed to the same enthusiasm and professionalism from the first to the last day
You must be able to work under the following conditions:
The hosts will work in shifts of 8 hours, 5 days a week. The pavilion is open every day between 10 a.m. and 1 a.m. during the week and up to 2 a.m. during the weekend (Thursday - and Friday evening). The weekend in Dubai is on Friday and Saturday. Your days off will change and not always fall on the weekends.
For every full month you have worked, you are entitled to 2 days leave. These must be taken on site before the end of your contract.
What can we offer you?
A unique opportunity. A once in a lifetime work experience and a chance to obtain a new network of friends and colleagues from all over the world and so many diverse cultures.
- Paid training, partly in Belgium and partly on the spot in Dubai
- A 6 month contract
- 1 return airline ticket from Belgium to Dubai in Economy class
- Accommodation in Dubai, to be shared with your fellow hosts
- Staff meals during your shift (you are responsible for the other meals)
- A monthly salary, paid in Dubai
- Health insurance for the period of your employment, as legally prescribed by local legislation
- A work permit for the duration of your contract
- The use of a uniform during your contract
Start contract 12/10/2020 - End 11/04/2021
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter at the following email address: Expo2020Dubai@economie.fgov.be
by December 15 2019, midnight Brussels time.
Good luck and we hope to see you in Dubai!